Monday, January 12, 2009

The Spirituality of Archbishop Fenelon


This is a hidden treasure. It sat on our bookshelf for a year before I picked it up out of curiousity and read the contents. It's a skinny little book, but the vaule of it is as dense as the Summa Theologica! I couldn't resist reading it at a gallop, but it's one of those special books that is worth keeping (and sharing...definitely sharing!) Great introduction to the teachings of Francois Fenelon, a spirtual teacher along the lines of Brother Lawernce and St. Therese. It's too bad that a few centuries stand between us....I would have loved to have this 17th century Jesuit bishop as my spiritual director! Don't pass this one by!

I haven't read this one yet, but it's on my list (and my shelf!): Complete Fenelon...

1 comment:

Association of Pauline Cooperators said...

Glad you are back with book reviews. When our new site goes live you may want to ask that your choices are included in the site. Life & Soul titles will be included, for example.